The student will have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent and evidence an overall GPA of 2.5, or 3.0 in the last 30 semester/45 quarter credits.
Students with academic deficiencies because of low GPA may be admitted into the program on a provisional basis. All deficiencies must be remediated during the first year of the program.
Students should also have some experience in ministry, either professionally or as a volunteer, and be prepared to apply their course work to their present assignment.
- Submit our online application form.
- Submit an official transcript from the undergraduate institution from which you graduated reflecting all individual courses taken. Official transcripts for graduate work should also be submitted if it relates to a theological discipline. Note: Faxed transcripts are not official. Students who earn degrees outside the United States must have a complete evaluation done by a member of NACES to ensure undergraduate degree equivalents. Visit www.naces.org to locate a member. Exceptions are: all Nazarene Universities and Northwest University in China. All official transcripts must be mailed directly to:
Northwest Nazarene University
Graduate Admissions Dept.
Attn: Tyler Read
623 S. University Boulevard
Nampa, ID 83686-589
- Using the online recommendation form, please provide two recommendations, one from each of the following:
- The prospective student's present district superintendent or equivalent ecclesiastical superior; and
- Someone who can evaluate the prospective student's previous academic performance, such as a college professor or administrator. *
- During their online orientation course, all students are required to complete a National Sex Offender & Criminal Background Check.
Note: If English is not the student's native language, proficiency must be demonstrated through earning an appropriate score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Minimum score accepted for the TOEFL is 85 with a minimum of 22 on writing and speaking and no score lower than 20. Required score for the IELTS is 7.0.
If a student has completed an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution within the United States, or has completed at least 30 credits in such an institution, the TOEFL or IELTS requirement is waived.