To have a successful online educational experience, students will need to have access to technology and some basic technological skills.
- Desktop Computer - while a tablet may be sufficient for some tasks, every student will need access to a reasonably up-to-date desktop or laptop computer.
- Web Camera and Microphone - since NNU's online programs are fully online, students need a computer capable of running web conferencing software.
- Internet Connection - online students need a reliable Internet connection with at least 1.5 Mbps download speed.
Software & Skills
- Word processor - for writing papers, NNU students will need access to a program such as Microsoft Word. Most papers are required to be submitted in .docx format. The University also offers free access to Microsoft Office 365 for students during the course of their enrollment.
- Chrome Web Browser - students may use a variety of web browsers, but we have found Google Chrome to be the most reliable.
- Technology Skills - all students will be expected to write research papers, engage in threaded discussion forums, and may need to learn other basic technological skills during their studies.